Sunday, May 12, 2013

re·view : Scarlet by Marissa Meyer





 Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles #2) by Marissa Meyer


syn·op·sis 



The fates of Cinder and Scarlet collide as a Lunar threat spreads across the Earth...

Cinder, the cyborg mechanic, returns in the second thrilling installment of the bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She's trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she'll be the Commonwealth's most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn't know about her grandmother or the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother's whereabouts, she is loath to trust this stranger, but is inexplicably drawn to him, and he to her. As Scarlet and Wolf unravel one mystery, they encounter another when they meet Cinder. Now, all of them must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen Levana, who will do anything for the handsome Prince Kai to become her husband, her king, her prisoner.



re·view 

First, I really liked this, but it is not as good as Cinder.
The story doesn't progress well and I think that happens because of the other story lines, there is just too much story to tell and not enough pages.

Cinder is just flying around and there is a little of back story, when she goes to try to figure out her past and what exactly happened.
While that is going on, we are introduced to a whole new set of characters, there is scarlet and Wolf, some Lunars, there also the girl on the chip that I'm guessing is going to be Rapunzel in the next book? 
I love Cinder, but I think that her story got a little lost, especially because we also get chapters about Kai, so everything is very chopped up.

Since there is so much going on, and we are always jumping from one point of view to the next, the pace runs. It is a very fast read.

I have one heads up though, there is insta-love, I don't like it, but in this book, it didn't bother me too much. I like them together and their relationship, I just think it happened WAY too fast.

Can I say that I freacking love Meye's writing style. I immediately fall in love with the characters and get immerse in the story. Want proof? I forget to eat when I'm reading her books. Yeap, that just happened.

This is a transition book, by the end, everything comes together, and we get an idea of what is coming in the next book.

I really like the book, I'm dying for the next one, where I expect we are going to see some real action.
I can not wait, I'm still a sucker for retelling fairy tales. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment