Sunday, May 19, 2013

re·view : Inferno by Dan Brown





Inferno (Robert Langdon #4) by Dan Brown
4 Stars.


syn·op·sis 


In his international blockbusters The Da Vinci CodeAngels & Demons, and The Lost Symbol, Dan Brown masterfully fused history, art, codes, and symbols. In this riveting new thriller, Brown returns to his element and has crafted his highest-stakes novel to date.

In the heart of Italy, Harvard professor of symbology Robert Langdon is drawn into a harrowing world centered on one of history’s most enduring and mysterious literary masterpieces . . . Dante’s Inferno.

Against this backdrop, Langdon battles a chilling adversary and grapples with an ingenious riddle that pulls him into a landscape of classic art, secret passageways, and futuristic science. Drawing from Dante’s dark epic poem, Langdon races to find answers and decide whom to trust . . . before the world is irrevocably altered.


re·view 



I freacking love this conspiracy-type books, I eat this shit up! And Brown is one of the best one at it.
I think I said this before, that with fantasy I love hidden worlds within ours and in a way, that is what Brown does with the whole secret society thing. 
I don't really get why Dan Brown has this cloud of polemic around him. It's fiction and is fun. :)

 "I do something very intentional and specific in these books. And that is to blend fact and fiction in a very modern and efficient style, to tell a story. There are some people who understand what I do, and they sort of get on the train and go for a ride and have a great time, and there are other people who should probably just read somebody else."

Also, this isn't exactly a series, its just a different story with the same character. This one takes place in Italy again and while I love Italy, I agree with what people said that he could explore other countries and cultures a little bit. The Italy thing doesn't bother me too much though.

Robert is the Robert we learned to love and everything, exempt he doesn't have his memory, which I think is a good twist. He also always has a genius companion, on Inferno is Sienna.
Sienna is this woman genius, that keeps trying to help. There is this mystery about her that Robert thinks is the genius thing, but maybe not?
Anyhoo..
She is also no genius though.. which bothered me a lot. She was really slow figuring stuff out. Lagdam had to literally spell out certain things to her. Not a very good genius in my opinion. 

Oooh.. twists. So many twists. Turns out amnesia is really good for that. Some I saw coming 5 miles away, most I didn't. They were SO good!




No comments:

Post a Comment