Tuesday, May 21, 2013

re·view : Bloodlines by Richelle Mead






Bloodlines (Bloodlines #1) by Richelle Mead 
5 Stars.


syn·op·sis 


Blood doesn't lie...

Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...




re·view 



Adrian is baaaaack!
All I have for this is looove. I want to live inside Richelle Meads brain, please? She can do no wrong by me.
I read all vampire academy series and now I'm working my way through Georgina Kinkaid.
But lets talk about Bloodlines shall we?

Sydney has to prove that she is a good alchemist, so she hijacks het sisters first mission to go to California and protect Jill.
I am guessing that people that just read the VA series would think this has a slow start. But since its been years since I finished those books, I don't mind to be introduced to Meads vampire world all over again. You see, you don't need VA series to understand what is going on here, Bloodlines stands on its on.

I liked Sydney before, but Meads introduces her readers to a whole new side of the characters. I love Sydney now, one of my favorite things about her is how desperately scared she is of the Moroi. 
Because if I had to be around vampires and my obligations included weekly visits so they could feed, I would fucking scared of them, ok?
Like looking at them coming and running with all I have in the other direction. Thing is, Sydney can't, so we get to go in her head and see what she is thinking and how repulsed she feels.
But let ler explane: 

“Is it really so terrible being around us?"
I blushed. "No," I said. "But . . . it's complicated. I've been taught certain things my entire life. Those are hard to shake."
"The greatest changes in history have come because people were able to shake off what others told them to do.” 


Adrian is as amazing, witty and tortured as ever. In his words:
“Takes a lot of tries before you hit perfection." He paused to reconsider that. "Well, except for my parents. They got it on the first try." 

“Can't you... I don't. Find a hobby or something?"
"Being charming is my hobby.” 


Ok, I'll stop.
And after those samples I don't need to say how good the writing is do I?
The plot is engaging and the ending twist was amazing, other than that, pacing was also pretty good, had to read it one sitting.






No comments:

Post a Comment