Saturday, May 11, 2013

re·view : Cinder by Marissa Meyer



                                    Cinder (Lunar Chronicles #1) by Marissa Meyer



syn·op·sis 

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.



re·view 

Did you read that? Cinderella cyborg?
I read this a couple of months ago and I'm still swooning. Recommend for everyone, 5 star book.

Now, lets try to be coherent and write a review shall we?

My timing with this book was especially good. "Why?" you ask me. I had just finished Grimm's Fairy Tales, and let me tell yah, that was depressing, my inner princess was hiding in a corner.

Then Cinder came along. 

The world building is amazing. It is set in New Beijing capital of the Eastern Commonwealth is so creative. It is also nice that this does not have the american syndrome. Where in the world on the book, in a distant future, all that is left is the US and even if there is other countries, the US is still the almighty one.
Not on this book, the setting is in a futuristic China and that is the Imperial family that has the ability to save the world. And there are actual interaction with other world leaders.

Pacing : it is so good! I read the whole book in one sitting and was half holding my breath though all of it. I felt like I was running a marathon then had to suddenly stop so I wouldn't fell off a cliff. Hahaha.. That was a baad pun.

Anyhoo..

Plot : SO MANY TWISTS. Some you see coming, some you don't. Loved every minute of it.

Characters : I loved Cinder (drink every time I say love in this review), she doesn't have the simplest or easiest life, but she is not complacent. She doest what she can with what she has and takes the chances that come her way. 
Iko, I love her so much. Cinders own undepressed Marvin!
As for Kai, the only thing I can say is that every time I read his name I would start swooning, so charming. So freacking adorable.

Now let me go read Scarlet, because that is coming.




No comments:

Post a Comment