Saturday, June 15, 2013

How to get cheap books.




So, here is the deal: I hate paying full price for books, but at the same time, I don't do Amazon. I try my best to support my local stores.
I buy all my comic books at my local comic book store, it is called Nuclear Comics, and you should definitely check it out if you are in the Orange County area.
When it comes to regular books though, it starts to get tricky. My local book shops are just barely there and the ones I like are just SO expensive. So, I try to do sales as much as I can and also buy used.

Here is where this post really begins. The bulk of the books I buy are from library book stores.
You see, I have no patience for the library sales, but the actual little stores still have a lot of stuff for little money.
My favorites are the stores at the Newport Beach Library and the Dana Point Library. They are awesome, the ladies that work there are lovely and most of the books are $1.
You can't go wrong with that. It is great for classics and out of print books. They also have really cool editions.

I got the whole pile that you see below for a little less than $7.
That is it, I rest my case. Now, go support your local libraries, even if you are not into borrowing books.




No comments:

Post a Comment